Aug 23, 2008

XTO - Short

Trading on Fridays over here is sometimes tricky. My wife often makes dinner plans and seems to forget that I don't have ordinary work hours. Yesterday I shorted XTO off a break of the 12pm bar low (:15). After a small pullback, price dropped but since I knew I wouldn't be around before the close I scaled out a bit on the pullback. I had to leave at around 1:25 EST and reluctantly exited my full position at 48.11 or so. Left a lot of profit on the table but that's just how things go. It's a very nice setup, though and I would've absolutely floored if this trade wouldn't have worked out.
My IB workstation is down so no screenshot today.



2 comments:

TraderAm said...

Got the same entry. Nice...

QQQBall said...

mice trade. shame to had to leave it when it was rolling down hill.