Feb 27, 2008

New week

Back from vacation. Took a nice 4-day trip to Luzern, Switzerland... which is absolutely beautiful. I keep going to different cities here in Europe and I always ask myself, "would I want to live here?" The answer with Luzern is yes. Reminds me a lot of Colorado except the city is right on this wonderful lake whose water is as clear as any pristine beach in the Virgin Islands. Problem with Luzern is that it's crazy expensive. While the franc is on par with the dollar right now... cost of goods is about twice as much as a typical store in the US.

I'll try to post some pics this week. Speaking of pics... this will be the last trip I take photos with a simple point and shoot digital camera. My Canon 40d SLR is due to arrive in a couple of weeks and I can't wait. I have a planned trip to Barcelona in March which should prove to be a wonderful place to 'break' it in.

It was a nice break and I didn't even look at a computer for a solid three days. Okay... well, I did eye one at the airport. Oh, then there was another at a Starbucks :)

2 comments:

LP said...

Lucerne is beautiful. But I think I enjoyed the Ticino area much more. Bern has some nice architecture as well.

OONR7 said...

lp: I'd really love to explore Switzerland in the summer. Just get on a train and stop in different cities. It really is a beautiful part of the world. Although, on the train ride to Luzern from Zurich, I noticed a definite contemporary design influence in a lot of the buildings. Don't really like that too much.