Dec 3, 2008

A few trades

So... I'm a bit under the weather right now. In fact, I'd rather be curled up in the fetal position than posting charts - but this... this is what I do for you.

Okay, so I tried some new things out today and ended up profitable, so that's a positive sign. Really just messing with the fibonacci levels. Oh, and I removed the 5ema from the charts along with the pivot areas (for now). I just found them so distracting and a bit of a hinderance. May end up haunting me. Anyway, got a date with a bottle of Nyquil.


Coulda done better with my GE exit the first time but I managed to get in later in the day and scalp some profit.






8 comments:

Tyler said...

OONR7,

Good trading today! I wish I knew what I was doing.

Anyway, I have been getting frustrated with the moving averages, too, because it seems like they don't matter lately.

I now have two charts on my screen. One with moving averages and one without. That way I can see both ways and lose money trading both ways!

Tyler

anarco said...

Take care of yourself!
I like your GE trade. The morning star reversal pattern seems to work nicely.
Cheers,

Dinosaur Trader said...

Man I hate being sick... get well soon.

-DT

TJ said...

Yeah,

Get well. The only positive aspect about being sick is the chance to curl up with a good book.

OONR7 said...

tyler: you know, we're both trying out different things. Some times things get bad before they get better. We all need to find an approach that works for us... not anyone else. I took my moving average out because I almost became a slave to them... and it obviously wasn't doing me any good. More often than not, the trades I look to enter will line up with the moving averages. I wouldn't have traded GE yesterday had I paid attention to them.

anarco, dt: thanks

jamie: how's that tooth doing?

TraderAm said...

Nice profits on RIG, Well Done.

OONR7 said...

traderam: merci.

StockHunter said...

New reader here, nice trading! Get well soon!