Jun 8, 2007

Let the blogging begin

Ever the one to catch on to a fad after it's been in existence for years... I have decided to start my own daytrading blog. Why??? I don't know, I kinda enjoy the freedom of having my own blog and doing and saying pretty much whatever I want.
Oh... and it's a good way for me to stay 'honest' with my trading. I figure since I've learned so much from others out there, maybe through this blog I can pass along some helpful trading tips.
Enjoy the blog!

To kick off the blog, I absolutely needed a good trade. So, what better day than today when I got short TTI. Here's the trade (5-min):

  • Placed fib. levels from first bar high to low
  • Price retraced to 50% level and fell back
  • Price retraced again to the 50% and printed a shooting star-like candle (with increased volume)
  • Entered on a break of the 10:15 candle
  • I looked at the daily chart and saw a nice support area at $25.46 (from 5/7) and used that as my target (kudos to Jamie)
  • Exited my entire position when price hit this level

12 comments:

TJ said...

Nice trade OONR7!

I wanted to be the first to baptize the comments section of your new blog. Look forward to reading your posts on a daily basis.

OONR7 said...

thanks Jamie... I believe you win a prize. How would you like that fruitcake shipped?

Anonymous said...

great trade and best of luck with the blog.

OONR7 said...

thanks Jason... if the trading goes well, so will the blog :)

Trader-X said...

Whatever to Jamie...I should have been first to comment, and I will never forgive you.

I have been hearing about this blog for a long time - most stock publications have really talked it up as the blog of the future. So I am quite excited.

Thank you for having me on your blogroll. I will break my policy of not putting new blogs on mine, because I know this blog will be one of the best resources out there!!!

Good luck, and I look forward to reading daily!

OONR7 said...

X... I can start a new blog, say - oonr7b.blogspot.com so you can be the first to comment. What can I say... on my first post I have 3 of the best traders out there commenting. And as for the kinds words regarding the blog, I'm shooting for #3 as the top two spots are taken between you and Jamie.

Bubs said...

Great to see you blogging again. I really enjoy your setups on the 5 min timeframe. Will add you to the blogroll next time I update it.

OONR7 said...

thanks bubs

FX said...

Great blog, I wish you luck blogging, you are new entry on blogroll on my site.

OONR7 said...

thanks fx... what the hell, I'm adding yours too.

Simply Options Trader said...

Good to see you start your own trading blog and working towards being the #3 best day trader :)

Anonymous said...

Great to see you starting your own blog. I have appreciated all your comment on my site, and I look forward to adding you to my daily reading.

ADD Trader